To accommodate the recently announced assignment of Columbia cases, changes have been made to chambers guidelines and calendars for Judge Burris.
- Under the heading "Chapter 13 Matters" in Chambers Guidelines regarding chapter 13 fees, the words "in the Spartanburg Division" have been deleted so that the applicable fee applies to all cases assigned to Judge Burris.
- A section titled "Location of Hearings" has been added that states:
Unless ordered otherwise:
for cases in the Spartanburg Division assigned to Judge Burris (all chapters), hearings shall be scheduled at the following location:
Donald S. Russell Courthouse & U.S. Courthouse
201 Magnolia Street
Spartanburg, SC 29306
for cases in the Columbia division assigned to Judge Burris (all chapters) filed on or before June 26, 2016, hearings shall be scheduled in the following location:
J. Bratton Davis U.S. Bankruptcy Courthouse
1100 Laurel Street
Columbia, SC 29201
for any bankruptcy case filed on or after June 27, 2016, assigned to Judge Burris that is outside the Spartanburg division, debtor’s counsel must make an election when the case is filed indicating the preferred hearing location (Spartanburg or Columbia) for all hearings to be held in that case, excluding the 11 U.S.C. § 341 meeting (to conclusion, all chapters) and the INITIAL confirmation hearing in Chapter 13 cases. This election will produce a conspicuous docket entry. Any party scheduling a hearing in such a case thereafter must select the hearing location corresponding to this election, absent further order of the Court. Upon request, the Court may consider scheduling some hearings in a different location as necessary to accommodate the parties as efficiently as possible. Any such requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis and should be directed to courtroom staff or chambers.
- To accommodate future hearings in Columbia
- Monday, July 25 at 10:00 a.m. has been added for "Chapter 13 Consent/Dispute".
- Time slots have been added for August forward of 9:45 a.m. for Chapter 13 Consent, 10:00 a.m. for Chapter 13 Dispute.
Chambers and courtroom will make every effort to accommodate any scheduling conflicts.