The United States Bankruptcy court for the District of South Carolina continues to closely monitor the national response to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and will be following guidance provided by the Administrative Office of the United States Courts (AO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), available here. Any future changes or updates will be posted on the Court’s website and communicated as appropriate.
- Amended Operating Order 20-03 regarding Bankruptcy Court Operations in Response to COVID-19. (updated April 1, 2020)
- Operating Order 20-04 Order Temporarily Suspending Requirement that Attorneys Obtain Original Signatures from Debtors for Electronic Filings (added March 18, 2020)
- Operating Order 20-05 Operating Order Temporarily Allowing Unrepresented Parties to File Documents Electronically (added March 20, 2020)
- Operating Order 20-06 Interim Procedures for Relief to Mitigate the Effects of COVID-19 (Chapter 13 cases) (added April 1, 2020)
- Operating Order 20-07 Supplemental Interim Procedures for Relief to Mitigate the Effects of COVID-19 for All Chapter 13 Cases Assigned to Judge John E. Waites. Word versions of the exhibits to Operating Order 20-07 are available here. (added April 2, 2020)
- Standing Order issued by Chief District Judge R. Bryan Harwell regarding Restrictions on Visitors to Courthouses. (added March 13, 2020)
- Order Continuing Hearings in Chapter 13 Cases (Charleston Division Only). (added March 27, 2020)
- Notice from the United States Trustee Regarding 341 Meetings (added March 18, 2020)
- Notice re: Telephonic Call-In Information for Meeting of Creditors (added March 26, 2020)
- Reminder Regarding Electronic Filing (added March 18, 2020)
- Additional COVID-19 Resources and Updates:
National and International:
South Carolina Department of Health
For general questions about COVID-19, the DHEC Care Line is available at 1-855-472-3432 daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.